Dapol 4S-043-003 GWR Mogul 2-6-0 Green livery Number 7301 with BR Black Smokebox Number (Era 4) - OO Gauge
Locomotive Background Information
The series of models being manufactured by Dapol are to the later Churchward build from numbers 5390 through to 7321, constructed between 1920 and 1923 with the final eight (6362-6369) in 1925 under Collett. These Collett locomotives had outside cylinder steam pipes fitted from new, whilst this feature was added to the majority of the earlier batch from the late 1940s to the early 1950s. The last to be withdrawn was 6395 on 21-11-1964.
Many original GA drawings were used in the development of these accurate and authentic models. The locomotive has a diecast chassis with a five pole motor driving the rear wheels. To add compensation the centre driving wheels are sprung, the front pony truck is also sprung and operates on a cam so the model will negotiate R2 curves with ease.
To portray these locomotives over their lifetime many details have been drawn up as follows:-
- Churchward Taper Buffers
- Collett Straight Shank Buffers
- Smokebox with/without cylinder steam pipes
- Tall vacuum pipe for early versions
- Lower vacuum pipe for later period
- Tall safety valve cover
- Short safety valve cover
- Smoke box top mounted lamp bracket
- Smoke box door mounted lamp bracket for B.R. period
- Smoke box number plate for B.R. period
- The tender is a standard Churchward 3,500 gallon type