Hornby R8120 Class 43 Twin Pack TTS Digital Sound Decoder (MTU)
This decoder has been factory set to be used in two Class 43 HST Units.
- Supports short and long decoder addresses
- Adjustable acceleration and deceleration
- Back EMF load compensation
- Up to 19 controllable spot sounds dependent on model including whistles or horns etc
- Two sound channels allowing for simultaneous play of full locomotive engine sounds, and individual spot sounds e.g. horns, whistles, brakes, wagons coupling etc. NOTE: Only one spot sound can be played at the same time
- It is possible to alter the volume of each sound through an individual dedicated CV. Range 0-8
- Decoder is equipped to support directional front and rear lighting operation via F0 on the controller, providing that the product is fitted with lights
- The decoder is equipped with 1 aux function output controlled by F18 or F25 dependent on locomotive type (diesel or steam)
- Motor current - maximum continuous 500mA
- Motor current - peak 1amp (no function load)
- Function output current maximum—100mA (unprotected)
- Decoder current maximum continuous - 800mA (shared motor and functions)
- Number of sound channels - 2
- Termination - 8 pin plug NEM652. NMRA
Important: The decoder does not support sound under DC operation. i.e. analogue. Sounds can only be played under DCC operation, i.e. digital control.
Hornby also produce a range of Locomotives Pre-fitted with TTS.